EducationUSA Academy Connects is the virtual program model of EducationUSA Academy, a campus-based college preparatory program for international students. The Academy is a short-term (four- to six-week) academic enrichment program for 15- to 18-year-old international secondary school students who are interested in pursuing higher education in the United States. EducationUSA Academy Connects involves a time commitment of three to five hours per week and is intended to allow students the flexibility to balance external commitments while participating in the program.
Participating students will gain knowledge about the U.S. admissions process as they build college-level academic skills. They will also have opportunities to engage virtually with current international and/or U.S. students and develop a better understanding of the strength and diversity of the U.S higher education system.
The following U.S. campuses will host virtual EducationUSA Academy Connects sessions in Summer 2023:
- Boston University (Massachusetts)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Florida)
- St. Cloud State University (Minnesota)
- St. John’s University (New York)
- Temple University (Pennsylvania)
- University of Colorado Boulder (Colorado)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (Wisconsin)
- University of North Georgia (Georgia)
More information about the EducationUSA Academy can be found at https://www.edusaacademy.org/
Worried about financing your experience? Apply for a scholarship! EducationUSA Luxembourg is accepting scholarship applications until April 25, 2023.
All participant costs will be covered for student(s) who have been selected to receive the amount awarded the 2023 Virtual EducationUSA Academy Scholarship.
Candidate Description and Qualifications
Candidates applying for the 2023 Virtual EducationUSA Academy Scholarship should:
- be a citizen or permanent resident of Luxembourg;
- be between the ages of 15 and 18;
- be a secondary school student;
- be interested in applying to U.S. universities and colleges;
- be committed to attending all online classes and actively participate in discussions;
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades and awards;
- be mature, responsible, independent, open-minded, thoughtful, and inquisitive
- have permission from parents/guardians to participate in the program
How to Apply
Secondary school students must fill out the application form (PDF 48 KB) and get it signed by a parent or guardian. In addition to the application form, applicants are required to submit responses to two essay prompts:
- “Why I would like to attend the EducationUSA Academy program and what I hope to get out of it?” In your response please clearly indicate to which virtual Academy program (University) you are planning on applying.
- The United States is a very diverse country in geography and cultures. If given the opportunity to explore one city or landmark in the US, where would you go and why?
The following supporting documents are optional but highly recommended to be submitted with the application:
- Reference from a teacher or mentor (in English)
The information you provide on this application will be the basis for selecting semi-finalists for the scholarships. Please answer the questions carefully and completely.
The completed and signed Application form and essay responses (as Word docs or PDFs) – along with any supporting documents – should be submitted by email to Luxembourg’s EducationUSA Advisor, Ms. Schuessler at email@example.com no later than 11:59 p.m. CET Tuesday, April 25, 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact:
EducationUSA Advisor, Charlene Schuessler
Please note that U.S. citizens and family members of U.S. Embassy or U.S. Department of State employees are not eligible to apply.