U.S. Embassy Luxembourg has announced an open competition for past participants (“alumni”) of U.S. government-funded and U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs to submit applications to the 2024 Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF 2024). We seek proposals from teams of at least two alumni that meet all program eligibility requirements.
AEIF provides alumni of U.S. government-sponsored and facilitated exchange programs with funding to expand on skills gained during their exchange experience to design and implement innovative solutions to global challenges facing their community. Since its inception in 2011, AEIF has funded nearly 500 alumni-led projects around the world through a competitive global competition.
U.S. Embassy Luxembourg will accept public service projects proposed and managed by teams of at least two (2) alumni that support themes such as:
- Bolstering shared security and defense
- Advancing diversity and inclusion, Advancing women and girl’s empowerment
- Reinforcing Democratic Values and Human Rights
- Engaging students in English and promoting Educational Opportunities
- Accelerating STEM and Climate Ambitions
- Fostering U.S.-Luxembourg transatlantic ties, particularly through our shared history
Proposals are accepted until February 1, 2024. Applications and budgets must be submitted using the official AEIF 2024 application and budget forms, available on the U.S. Embassy Luxembourg website at: https://lu.usembassy.gov/grants-program/