U.S. Embassy Luxembourg: Call for Environmental Inspiration Grants
The U.S. Embassy Luxembourg is launching a ‘call for grants’ to support the goals of instituting innovative ideas in schools and organizations aimed to reduce their environmental impact and address climate change. Any high school or organization or association which will engage in activities to promote reducing their environmental impact may apply. The grant would include funding from the U.S. Government to further our goals of reducing our individual and collective environmental footprints and addressing climate change.
The amount of the grant available is up to $5,000. The grant proposal must also include a public affairs component so that awareness is raised about reducing our environmental impact.
HOW TO APPLY:
In order to be considered for funding, each grant application needs to include the following elements:
1) Name, address, telephone number of the organization;
2) Official status of the organization (asbl, school, etc.);
3) Name, title, telephone number and e-mail of the main point of contact (POC) at the organization during the grant process;
4) Name, title, telephone number and e-mail of the person who will sign the grant for the organization (if different from the POC);
5) A brief introduction to your organization and key personnel;
6) A grant proposal summary with implementation timeline;
7) A problem statement;
8) Project objectives;
9) Program method and design;
10) Evaluation plan (how will you measure success?);
11) Audience (who and how many people do you expect to reach directly/indirectly?);
12) Media and/or social media plan;
13) Itemized budget proposal in US Dollars;
14) Please note if it is a one-time program and, if not, include plans to secure future funding in order to sustain the project.
-All applications need to be sent by email to LuxembourgPublicAffairs@state.gov
-The deadline to submit all application materials is July 23rd, 2021.
-We will notify you by August 2nd if your proposal will be funded.
-The grant will need to be signed by someone in your organization the week of August 2nd;
-The grant period will be from September 1, 2021 through December 30, 2022, meaning the grant activity should take place within that period but can take place anytime within that period.
The following types of projects are NOT eligible for funding:
- Charitable or development activities;
- Construction projects;
- Fundraising campaigns;
- Lobbying for specific legislation or projects;
- Projects relating to partisan political activity;
- Projects that duplicate existing projects;
- Projects that support specific religious activities; or
- Scientific research.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions.
Stephanie Shaheen, U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Section
46 01 23 57