Location: Place Clairefontaine
Event: The Committee for Just Peace in the Middle East has planned a demonstration for Saturday, June 27, 2020 at Place Clairefontaine. The demonstration will begin at 11:00 a.m. and is expected to conclude at 13:00 p.m. Various social media outlets estimate more than 25 – 100 people could attend. Local police will be present.
Historically in Luxembourg, gatherings of this type have been peaceful and orderly, however, U.S. citizens are encouraged to exercise caution and avoid the area as demonstrations can quickly become unpredictable.
Please share this information with other U.S. citizens in Luxembourg.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area of the demonstration.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- U.S. Embassy Luxembourg
22 Boulevard Emmanuel Servais
L-2535 Luxembourg City
+352 621 547 133
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Luxembourg Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook