Location: U.S. Embassy, Luxembourg – 22 bd. Emmanuel Servais, Luxembourg
Event: The Lëtz Rise Up March for Justice has planned a demonstration for Friday, June 5, across from the U.S. Embassy’s main gate. The demonstration will begin at 02:00 p.m. and is expected to conclude at 04:00 p.m. Various social media outlets estimate more than 2,000 people could attend. Local police will be present.
Mission personnel and potential visitors to the Embassy will not be permitted to enter or exit the embassy compound beginning at 01:00 p.m. and until thirty minutes after the conclusion of the demonstration.
Please share this information with other U.S. citizens in Luxembourg.
Actions to Take:
- If you are visiting the Embassy the morning of Friday, June 5, consider parking your vehicle away from the embassy.
- Expect road closures around the embassy.
- Avoid the area of the demonstration.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- U.S. Embassy Luxembourg
22 Boulevard Emmanuel Servais
L-2535 Luxembourg City
+352 621 547 133
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Luxembourg Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook