Event: Message to U.S. citizens regarding updated COVID-19 measures in Luxembourg.
On October 29, Luxembourg adopted new measures to combat the spread of the Coronavirus. Main points are:
- A curfew is in effect from 11:00 p.m. to 06:00 a.m. each day.
- No more than four guests are allowed in private homes.
- No more than four people may be seated at the same table in bars and restaurants, unless they are from the same household.
- Shops that are 400 square meters or larger will restrict the number of customers permitted to enter. Only one customer per 10 square meters is allowed.
- Gatherings exceeding 100 people are prohibited.
- Sport activities in groups of more than 4 people are prohibited.
- Face masks are mandatory on all public transport, for activities that welcome the public, in restaurant when not seated at a table, for any gathering of more than 4 people in a closed space as well as open air, for any gathering from 10 to 100 people and in indoor public places – in addition to be seated and observing a minimum distance of two meters.
Please share this information with other U.S. citizens in Luxembourg.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Luxembourg.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Luxembourg
22 Boulevard Emmanuel Servais
L-2535 Luxembourg City
+352 621 547 133
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Luxembourg Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook