Note: This information will continue to be sent regularly for the benefit of new registrants in STEP. We will be sure to highlight any new information from previous emails.
According to current information, daily direct flights to the United States are available in Paris (Air France), and Frankfurt (United and Delta). Other flight options are available from Paris and Frankfurt on a less frequent basis. Flight availability is subject to further restrictions. Please visit our website with the latest instructions on the necessary documents to cross the Luxembourg-France and Luxembourg-Germany borders.
U.S. citizens in Luxembourg who normally live in the United States should arrange for immediate return home or be prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. You should have a plan to depart from Luxembourg that does not rely on U.S. government assistance. If you are considering returning to the United States, you are urged to work with your airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline – the U.S. Embassy cannot make individual flight arrangements on your behalf.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice and a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Please reference the Luxembourg Ministry of Health COVID-19 website here for the latest guidance on conditions in Luxembourg.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Luxembourg.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Luxembourg
22 Boulevard Emmanuel Servais
L-2535 Luxembourg City
+352 621 547 133
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Luxembourg Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook