Event: If you are suffering from symptoms of a respiratory infection, or believe you may have contracted the COVID-19 virus, the Luxembourg Ministry of Health advises you may go to one of the four Advanced Care Centers (Centre de soins avancés – CSA) for consultation and potential diagnosis. Patients do not require a prescription from their own physicians, nor do they require an appointment. The Centers are open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. every day and are located at:
- At the Kirchberg in the halls of Luxexpo
- In Esch/Belval in the Rockhal
- In Ettelbruck in the Däichhal
- Grevenmacher (cultural centre)
For more information, visit the Luxembourg Ministry of Health webpage.
U.S. citizens in Luxembourg who normally live in the United States should arrange for immediate return home or be prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. You should have a plan to depart from Luxembourg that does not rely on U.S. government assistance. If you are considering returning to the United States, you are urged to work with your airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline – the U.S. Embassy cannot make individual flight arrangements on your behalf.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel.
Please reference the Luxembourg Ministry of Health COVID-19 website here for the latest guidance on conditions in Luxembourg.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Luxembourg.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Luxembourg
22 Boulevard Emmanuel Servais
L-2535 Luxembourg City
+352 621 547 133
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Luxembourg Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook