Event: The U.S. Embassy continues to monitor the health situation in Luxembourg and offers the following latest information to update U.S. citizens in Luxembourg. Daily direct flights to the United States are available in Paris (Air France), and Frankfurt (United and Delta). Other flight options are available from Paris and Frankfurt on a less frequent basis. Flight availability is subject to further restrictions. Please visit our website with the latest instructions on the necessary documents to cross the Luxembourg-France and Luxembourg-Germany borders.
U.S. citizens in Luxembourg who normally live in the United States should arrange for immediate return home or be prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. You should have a plan to depart from Luxembourg that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and to follow all Luxembourg official health guidance.
Please reference the Luxembourg Ministry of Health COVID-19 website here for the latest guidance on conditions in Luxembourg.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Luxembourg.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Luxembourg
22 Boulevard Emmanuel Servais
L-2535 Luxembourg City
+352 621 547 133
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Luxembourg Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook