Event: Luxembourg Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs extends timeframes associated with residence permits and visas due to COVID-19.
The Luxembourg Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs has announced the following temporary measures regarding non-EU citizens who have been in Luxembourg during the COVID-19 crisis:
- Non-EU citizens who arrived in Luxembourg seeking resident status between 01 January and 31 July 2020: the period within which you must apply for a residence permit is extended from three months to six months.
- Residence permits issued by the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg which expired after 1 March 2020: the period of validity is extended until 31 August 2020.
- U.S. citizen tourists whose stay has exceeded 90 days after 01 March 2020: the stay is regularized until 31 July 2020. If you have been in Luxembourg more than 90 days, you must exit the country by 31 July 2020, and you must contact the Luxembourg Passport, Visa, and Legalization Office (contact information below) to request a “return visa” before departing Luxembourg.
- Individuals with questions regarding immigration should contact the Directorate of Immigration by e-mail (email@example.com) or by telephone from Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (+352) 247-84040.
- For the issuance of the return visa, please make an appointment with the Passport, Visa and Legalization Office via the following link: guichet.lu/rdv-visa-en. For any further information, please e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (+352) 247-88300 from Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please share this information with other U.S. citizens in Luxembourg.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Luxembourg.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Luxembourg
22 Boulevard Emmanuel Servais
L-2535 Luxembourg City
+352 621 547 133
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Luxembourg Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook