Event: Presidential Proclamation Suspending Immigration into the United States
Please share this information with other U.S. citizens in Luxembourg.
On April 22, President Trump issued a proclamation suspending immigration to the United States for the next 60 days. Important points to know about exceptions to this proclamation:
- Current Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs or “green card” holders) may still enter the United States, reside in the United States, and work in the United States
- Spouses and minor children of United States citizens may still immigrate to the United States.
The Department of State maintains a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19 advising Americans not to travel internationally unless returning to the United States from abroad.
Please reference the Luxembourg Ministry of Health COVID-19 website here for the latest guidance on conditions in Luxembourg.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Luxembourg.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Luxembourg
22 Boulevard Emmanuel Servais
L-2535 Luxembourg City
+352 621 547 133
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Luxembourg Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook