Event: International travel by rail is still available from Luxembourg to France, Germany, and the Netherlands. There are daily trains from Luxembourg to Metz and Arlon, France, and from Luxembourg to Trier, Germany, with further rail travel possible to airports in France, Germany, and the Netherlands. Information on the daily status of international train availability can be found at the CFL Luxembourg National Railway Company website. For international rail connections and tickets, call the CFL hotline: 24 89 24 89, and press 2. This service is available in English.
International commercial flight options currently exist in Paris, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam. U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should make commercial arrangements as soon as possible or be prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The U.S. government does not anticipate arranging repatriation flights from Luxembourg at this time.
Please share this message with other U.S. citizens currently in Luxembourg.
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive health and security updates.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Luxembourg.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Luxembourg
22 Boulevard Emmanuel Servais
L-2535 Luxembourg City
+352 621 547 133
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Luxembourg Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook