Event: Message to U.S. citizens regarding travel from Luxembourg related to COVID-19.
Certain European countries have established quarantine requirements for those individuals traveling from Luxemburg. Among these are Germany, Switzerland, Slovakia, Denmark, Lithuania, Estonia, and others. U.S. citizens are reminded to follow all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
For questions on travel within the Schengen Area, visit reopen.europa.eu, where the EU has current information on travel and health regulations and the status of services for each EU country. Airlines continue to offer flights from Luxembourg to airports in Europe with direct flights to the United States.
For U.S. citizens returning to the United States, operating status updates for each state, including schools, restaurants, emergency services and transport are available on the state’s local website. We recommend you closely monitor and register for alerts from these local authorities in your state. Please see a list of state contact information here: Local Conditions: COVID-19 page.
Please share this information with other U.S. citizens in Luxembourg.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Luxembourg.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Luxembourg
22 Boulevard Emmanuel Servais
L-2535 Luxembourg City
+352 621 547 133
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Luxembourg Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook