Event: Message to U.S. citizens regarding updated COVID-19 measures in Luxembourg.
On July 16, Luxembourg approved new measures to combat the spread of the Coronavirus. These are:
- Masks are mandatory for gatherings of more than 20 people in both public and private settings, if physical distance of two meters cannot be guaranteed while remaining seated. (This rule does not apply to markets.)
- The requirement for customers in bars and restaurants to be seated (maximum of 10 people per table) will continue. Customers and owners may be fined if not in compliance.
- Face masks are still mandatory on all public transport and in indoor public places. Children under the age of six are exempted.
Please share this information with other U.S. citizens in Luxembourg.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpageon COVID-19 for information on conditions in Luxembourg.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- S. Embassy Luxembourg
22 Boulevard Emmanuel Servais
L-2535 Luxembourg City
+352 621 547 133
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Luxembourg Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook