Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Luxembourg – April 01, 2020
Event: Luxembourg’s four advanced healthcare centers are staffed by 140 health care workers who are able to attend to 2,600 patients each day. The Health Ministry has reorganized the internal COVID-19 services into four categories: teleconsultations and home visits, advanced medical centers, elderly homes, and medical specialists.
The Government of Luxembourg has made their COVID-19 pamphlet available in English.
For more information, visit the Luxembourg Ministry of Health webpage.
Please share this message with other U.S. citizens currently in Luxembourg.
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive health and security updates.
U.S. citizens in Luxembourg who normally live in the United States should arrange for immediate return home or be prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. You should have a plan to depart from Luxembourg that does not rely on U.S. government assistance. If you are considering returning to the United States, you are urged to work with your airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline – the U.S. Embassy cannot make individual flight arrangements on your behalf.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Luxembourg.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Luxembourg
22 Boulevard Emmanuel Servais