Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Luxembourg, Luxembourg
November 10, 2020
Location: Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Event: Security Awareness Reminder
Recent terror attacks in France and Austria remind us that no place is immune from terrorism. While the terror threat in Luxembourg remains low, these tragedies serve as a reminder of the importance for U.S. citizens to exercise vigilance and awareness, particularly as we enter the holiday season. This is especially necessary at public events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds. Soft targets, such as tourist locations, transportation hubs, hotels, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, educational institutions, parks, major sporting and cultural events, airports, and markets/shopping malls, are attractive targets. U.S. citizens are reminded to follow good personal security measures and to have a plan for possible emergency situations.
Actions to Take:
- Review your personal security plans.
- Maintain a low profile by not doing anything that draws attention to yourself.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Have travel documents up-to-date and easily accessible.
- If traveling, check U.S. embassy or consulate websites in your destination country for recent security messages.
- Stay alert in areas frequented by tourists.
The Embassy will continue to review the security situation and provide relevant updates through our website and messages like these.
22, boulevard Emmanuel Servais
L- 2535 Luxembourg City
+352 621 547 133
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Luxembourg Country Information
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates