If you have an unforeseen travel need as per one of the criteria listed below, you may qualify for an expedited appointment at the U.S. Embassy, depending on availability. You must provide evidence to prove the urgency of your request.
Schedule an appointment online for the earliest available date. Please note that you must schedule an appointment before you can request an expedited date.
Please email your request, scheduled appointment date, planned departure date and evidence (essential documentation as listed below) to Luxembourgconsular@state.gov .
You are a citizen of a Visa Waiver Program country but your ESTA request was not authorized. Your travel must be imminent. Please include in your request the date and purpose of your travel.
- A copy of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection message you received regarding your ESTA status.
Urgent Business Travel
Purpose of travel is to attend to an urgent business matter where the travel requirement could not be predicted in advance.
- A letter of invitation from the corresponding company in the United States explaining the urgency of the planned visit, describing the nature of the business and how either the U.S. or local company will suffer a significant loss of opportunity if an expedited appointment is not available.
- Evidence of a necessary training program in the United States of three months duration or less, to include letters from both the local employer and the U.S. Company providing the training. Each letter should include a detailed explanation of the training, why the need to travel is urgent and explain how either the U.S. or local company will suffer a significant loss of opportunity if an expedited appointment is not available.
Students or exchange visitors
Purpose of travel is to begin or resume a valid program of study in the United States when no regular visa appointments are available before the program start date.
- Original Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 indicating start date of program.
- Evidence that you have paid the SEVIS fee (when applicable).
Purpose of travel is to obtain urgent medical care, or to accompany a relative or employer for urgent medical care.
- A letter from your doctor describing the medical condition and why you are seeking medical care in the United States.
- A letter from the physician or hospital in the United States indicating that they are prepared to treat the case and providing the approximate cost of the treatment.
- Evidence of how you will pay for the cost of the treatment.
Purpose of travel is to attend the funeral of or make arrangements for repatriating the body of an immediate family member in the United States.
- A letter from the funeral director stating the contact information, the details of the deceased, and the date of the funeral.
- You must also present evidence that the deceased is an immediate relative.